Tomorrow is Earth Day.
Ways to observe Earth Day in and around Chicago:
- Become active in, donate to and become aware of Chicago Wilderness. Chicago Wilderness is a regional nature reserve that includes more than 225,000 acres of protected natural lands. This network of wild spaces contains globally significant natural communities.
- Celebrate Earth Day with the City of Chicago on Tuesday, April 22 from 10am-3pm on Daley Plaza (50 W. Washington) and learn how you can make little changes in your daily activities that help the environment. Enjoy demonstrations and exhibits that are earth friendly! Free Visit the City of Chicago Earth Day 2008 Webpage for more information.
- Walk. Ditch the cars keys and take an afternoon and explore your own wonderful Chicago neighborhood!
- When asked: “Paper or Plastic?’ reply “Neither!” and provide your own tote! You can get them everywhere these days. For motivation, read this great article found on the Sierra Club web site.
- If you are at the market and your tote is at home be informed about your answer. Click here to read an eye opening National Geographic Magazine article about plastic grocery bags the the effect on our environment!
Tomorrow: Green buildings. What are they and how do they work?
Today’s fun thing in Chicago: